Presented by Laura Kaufman, MBA
Elegant 3-Unit Victorian in Cole Valley - Sold 25% over List Price!
Discover a serene retreat, with easy access to the entire city, at this stately three-story Victorian situated on an expansive lot in the heart of Cole Valley. This home reveals its history through charming original details, including hardwood flooring and stained glass accents. With a total of 3,165 square feet (per tax records) of living space, the building features one-bedroom units on the first and second floor, with a two-bedroom flat on the top floor, all tenant-occupied. All the tenants enjoy access to the lush backyard, landscaped with gorgeous trees including a giant Eucalyptus tree, and a large patio, as well as a large storage area under the building.
Top unit: The top floor two-bedroom, one-bath flat features a skylight and spacious living room. The spacious eat-in kitchen overlooks the huge wooded lot, with breathtaking views of the Golden Gate Bridge. This bright unit features tall windows and high ceilings to let in an abundance of natural light. The unit also boasts beautiful period details including decorative moldings and rosettes. Tenant occupied.
Middle unit: The middle unit features one bedroom and one bathroom with a large living room and eat-in kitchen. This unit also enjoys hardwood floors, high ceilings and lovely period details as well as beautiful outlooks. Tenant occupied.
Lower unit: With one bedroom and one bathroom, the first floor flat has a large living room with a decorative fireplace, an eat-in kitchen and a big deck off the living room, open to the back yard. Tenant occupied.
Current building income is approximately $53,952 per year.
One of the most centrally located neighborhoods in San Francisco, Cole Valley puts residents within walking distance to all of life’s essentials, with access to every corner of the city. This peaceful Stanyan Street location is walkable to public transit, Cole Street markets, cafes and restaurants, UCSF and the beautiful Interior Greenbelt! A fabulous lush park is just steps away, featuring a eucalyptus forest and walking trail. Live near everything, but a world away!
- Top unit: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, rented for $1,987 per month
- Sky-lit with soaring ceilings
- Charming decorative moldings and hardwood floors
- Beautiful outlooks of the Golden Gate Bridge and wooded lot
- Middle unit: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, rented for $1,745 per month
- Hardwood floors, high ceilings and period details
- Lovely outlooks from kitchen
- Lower unit: 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom, rented for $764,000 per month
- Living room features decorative fireplace
- Spacious deck leads to back patio and yard
- All units feature large living rooms and eat-in kitchens
- Current building income is approximately $53,952 per year
- 3165 square feet of living space (per tax records)
- Extra-large lot with 3,781 square feet (per tax records)
- Charming exterior with stained glass
- Large basement with abundant storage space
- Shared patio overlooks lush landscaping
- Back of building recently painted
- Tranquil and accessible Cole Valley location
- Steps from Interior Greenbelt-Sutro Forest walking trails
- Stroll to Cole St. restaurants and cafes
- Walk to UCSF
- Reach Muni Metro and buses in under 10 min
1256 Stanyan St, San Francisco, CA 94117
Cole Valley/Parnassus Heights
As one of the most centrally located neighborhoods in San Francisco, Cole Valley/Parnassus Heights has walking-distance access to a handful of distinct neighboring districts and is abundant with public transit lines to easily reach any destination within the city.
Residents are privileged with proximity to Golden Gate Park and Kezar Stadium at the northwestern border and the UCSF Parnassus Campus on the western edge. The streets are lively with classic mom-and-pop storefronts, boutique shops, sidewalk cafes, specialty coffee shops, and prominent restaurants with its highest commercial concentration along the main drag of Cole Street.
The panoramic city views are surely one of the most treasured attractions in the neighborhood, best taken in atop the 600-foot-high Tank Hill, originally home to an old water tank in the late 1800s. History shows that after the attack on Pearl Harbor, eucalyptus trees were planted there to hide the water tank from aerial views.
The neighborhood is also renowned for its spectacular holiday celebrations. Leading up to Halloween, the houses along Belvedere Street join in spirited competition with elaborate decorations, all leading up to a block party on Halloween where kids gather to show off their creatively intricate costumes.
Cole Valley/Parnassus Heights is a self-contained neighborhood with all of life’s essentials at its doorstep, while still boasting a central location with access to every corner of the city and freeway access.